Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome 2011

Pappy reading to the girls on Christmas Eve.


I don't know about you, but I love every January. Maybe it's because my birthday is in January, but I love the idea of starting new, starting fresh. I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions because I find that they are often unattainable, unrealistic, and are broken by January's end. However, this year, I made one that I feel is realistic. I've been wanting to read the Bible in chronological order, and my dear mom, knowing this, purchased me a One-Year Chronological Bible. It would be unrealistic for me to make it a goal to complete it in one year, but we shall see! I also am making it a personal goal to do more Bible Study's on my own, and purchased a study by Beth Moore to start soon.


Trent and I celebrating our 5th Anniversary at the cabin!


Goals for the kids:
As Head-Mom in the house, it is my responsibility to help grow my children, not just physically, but spiritually and in character. I really feel that I must be intentional in helping the children. I mentioned that the girls have memorized/are memorizing Psalm 23. Since Anne has this down pretty well, I want to find another passage to hang on the wall to replace this. Any suggestions?


Anne: She is outgoing, but we recently dealt with a situation where there was a new little girl in her Sunday School class. Instead of talking to her, she told me that she just stared at her. We then role-played and showed her how this was not a kind thing to do, and we talked about what she could do better next time. Anne is incredibly imaginative. We recently read The Loin, The Witch, and The Wardrobe together. She loves Aslan. Yesterday she told Trent that when she is supposed to be in bed sleeping, Aslan comes to her room and wants to play with her. So she does. Anne asked me today why she can't hear God talking to her out loud. This is one very spiritual little girl. I pray that I can be a good mom to Anne this year, and give her good answers to her deep questions, and when I don't know the answer that we can search for them together.


Abbey: Hmm.. is potty training on the way this year? I imagine at some point it will be. Be it early 2011 or late, I don't know. Anne was so difficult in this respect that I am very willing to change diapers longer and have an easier time at training. Little Abbey is sharp. She's quieter than Anne, but no less intelligent. She plays so quietly at times that I often wonder what is going on in her little head. My goal for Abbey this year is to get her to be a bit more out going. She didn't cry yesterday when I left her in her class at SMILE (my Tuesday mom's group) and that was a big step for her. She will start Sunday School in Anne's class when she turns 2 in April. Hard to believe that little peanut will be two soon!


Magdalena: Physically this will be a huge year for Magdalena. She was so close to rolling over last night. She will sit up, crawl, and maybe even walk this year. Anne walked at 11 months, Abbey at 13 months. So even if Maggie waits until 15 months, she will walk in 2011. I'm continually praising God for her growth. Even when we have sleeping set-backs, I'm thankful for my youngest daughter.

What does God have planned for the Hesses this year? That is unknown to me as of yet. I have some ideas, but only God knows. Trent and I are doing our best to follow God, to grow closer to Him, and to each other. I'm excited for Trent to preach again this Sunday. I imagine he will be preaching quite a bit in the coming months as we transition to having a part-time interim pastor. I'm thankful that Trent is able to use this gift and share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment