Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stay-at-home-mama


Abbey just got cuter!!

Abbey got her glasses today! I was worried about how she would do with them. The optician helped me put them on her, and then showed Abbey her image in the mirror. She just stared and stared and stared. Then he put the mirror back up on the table and she walk around a little, and said, "Nonnie (Annie), Nonnie, Nonnie!" And pointed to her glasses. The optician said he has never seen a child that young allow glasses to be put on with out a fight, and leave them on. Abbey is loving her glasses. She really must be able to see so much better! I'm so so thankful for her willingness to accept her glasses. We went over to JCP to pick up pictures and say, "Hi" to Aunt Stacy and Aunt Audrey. They loved her glasses and Stacy insisted we take a couple photos. And how could I resist? So, thanks Aunt Stacy!! =)


There are so many reasons why I love being a Stay-at-home-Mama. I'd like to share just a few with you.

This morning I was able to vacuum my living room while barefoot, wearing pajamas, and drinking coffee. Any job that allows that is a job for me!

I get to enjoy all of my kids "firsts". First smile, step, word, etc. Every one of those is so precious to me.

I get to hold and hug and kiss my children as much as they will let me.

As much as I enjoy the "firsts" I sometimes wonder when it will be their "last". When will be the last time Anne will ask me to carry her up the stairs, or hold her hand, or read her a book? It helps me to cherish each of those moments knowing that some day she will not need me as much as she does now.

I get to teach my children about the Lord. Deuteronomy 6:5-7 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road (drive in the van), when you lie down and when you get up." Those are some of my favorite verses that remind me how to be a good mother. If I am doing those things, then I'm getting it right. Even if my house isn't totally clean, my hair isn't brushed, and dinner got started late; if I'm living life by those verses, I'm okay!

Since all of my children still nap (and usually at the same time), I have some "free time" in which to relax, read my Bible, do Bible study, exercise, shower, clean, do laundry, clean, wash fingerprints off windows and doors and walls, clean some more.

The list could go on and on, and I'm sure I'll share more at another time, but alas, laundry is calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment