Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Belated (But Genuine) Thanks!!

We did it! We moved! Eleven days ago, to be exact. That day could not have happened without many of you!

First of all, an enormous thanks to my mother-in-law. This move could not have happened without her!! She watched the girls all day Friday while I packed (with the help of a friend & husband), overnight, and all day Saturday while we moved and provided us dinner at her home Saturday when we picked up the girls.

Also my father-in-law for providing a huge trailer to put all our stuff in, 2 brothers-in-law, my mom & dad, 3 nieces & a nephew, friends and neighbors. Couldn't have done it without ya'll! Then a friend provided us with breakfast for Sunday morning, what a blessing! My mother-in-law brought us a meal Monday (along with a table since ours broke during the move)! We had a neighbor stop by to introduce themselves and brought a centerpiece made with holly & pine. Another neighbor (from church) brought a meal that was delicious and much appreciated since I still am figuring out where everything is in the cupboards (and I hadn't gone grocery shopping so there wasn't many options). Then just yesterday another neighbor (also from church) brought us a meal. I was especially grateful for this meal. On Monday I had all 3 girls at the doctor and all 3 have upper respiratory infections/bronchitis. I was exhausted and having one of those "Watch out, Mom's grouchy!" type of days. (Bonni-I definitely needed to hear that post!) So that meal was very timely!

I still have boxes to unpack. Things that I'm not sure where to put... I'm having fun finding a few things on Craigslist that I hope to refurbish. I found a neat hallway bench that I put in our entryway. I plan to paint the legs and reupholster the seat. (I hope to post about this whenever I do it). And we're still looking for a few odds and ends.

In the meantime, we're loving our (muddy) yard. Our landlord intends to grade/seed the yard in the Spring. The girls enjoyed making a dirty snowman in the 1/2 inch of snow that fell on Saturday. Then yesterday they enjoyed hitting the pile of melting snow with sticks (I'm not kidding, they did this for probably 15 minutes). We are loving going for "romps" through the property. The kids are sleeping well. I even got up one morning and saw the sun come up over the farmland. It was so beautiful. The girls found a ladybug in the bathroom this morning and carried her around for about an hour; taking turns holding her, putting her in the bug catcher, taking her out again, putting newspaper in the bug catcher for her to go to the bathroom on, etc.

Oh yes, and we're happy to have the internet!! There aren't really any options for us other than a wireless air card. We don't have awesome reception, but it words. I've heard that if you have good reception that this is very fast internet... However, I keep getting a little box that pops up on the side of my screen telling me that "Signal strength is low, move to a location with a better signal." I guess that's part of life in the country. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment