Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pacifiers

Last night I vowed any children I have after Abigail will not use a pacifier. I am so tired of waking up 2-3 times in the night because it fell out of her crib.

We're working on both of the girls sleeping habits. Anne never took a pacifier and I was very grateful for that. She has long been a good sleeper, but recently has been getting out of bed several times before bed and in the middle of the night. We are getting tough and cracking down on Anne getting up out of bed. Anne never has trouble going right to sleep at nap time. Starting tonight we're telling Anne that we will not be coming back in the room unless it is a real emergency (like blood everywhere). Unfortunately, she has gotten sneaky and will tell us that she needs to go poop just so she can get out of bed.

Abbey goes back and forth between sleeping all night or getting up several times. Last night she woke up at 11 p.m. (needed the pacifier), 2 a.m. (needed the pacifier), 2:30 a.m. (I don't know what was the matter) and I let her "cry it out". I would go back in her room and reassure her about every 10 minutes, but this lasted until after 3 a.m. As soon as we get Abbey sleeping a little better, the pacifier is going to go. I believe I'll start weaning her from the pacifier during naps first, starting tomorrow.

Oh the things you have no clue about until you have children of your own. And they are each so different. . . I'll keep you updated on our screaming/sleep levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment