Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pacifiers: Part 2

Yesterday morning was the official start of no pacifiers for Abbey. She screamed for about 45 minutes for her morning nap (don't worry, I went in to calm and reassure her about every 10 minutes). She finally fell asleep and slept about 1 1/2 hours. Afternoon nap wasn't quite as bad. She was more like whimpering for about 30 minutes. At one point she pooped, so I changed her and she went to sleep soon after. She slept a solid 2 1/2 hours. Bedtime was what I was most worried about. I debated whether to give her the pacifier or not, but finally decided cold turkey was the way to go. She screamed for about 12 minutes. I went in and picked her up, sang to her like I always do and laid her down. She went right to sleep, at about 7:30 p.m. Through the night was what had me worried. Thankfully she slept all night and woke up just a tad earlier than normal, at 5:45 a.m. The phone rang and I think that could have been what woke her.

This morning for her nap I did our normal routine: nursed her, sang to her, and laid her down. She went right to sleep with out a fuss. She is attempting her afternoon nap right now, and is fussing a little. Often she poops right before her afternoon nap, so I will go in soon and check on her, change her diaper if necessary, and then I assume she'll go right to sleep.

Anne is doing better at night, but she did wake up 2 times in the night last night. The first was about 1 a.m. She had turned off the heat in her room and it was only 57 degrees. Trent turned it back on and got her tucked back in. She woke up 1 other time and after I went in and asked her to get back in bed she did, and didn't get up again until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment