Friday, March 5, 2010

For those of you who haven't heard.......


WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!

The above picture is baby and me at 12 weeks. I'm thankful that my jeans still fit nicely, and hope they continue to do so for a little while at least. My "skinny jeans" are all in the back of the closet, put away for another day. My size 3s still fit nicely, and it is kind of nice that I wasn't always really thin because I also have a pair or two of 5s lying around that I can use before maternity jeans!

I am thankful to be feeling well. I have been a bit tired, but that is not unusual for me! Whenever I am pregnant I find that coffee no longer appeals to me. So as terrible as it sounds, I've sometimes been drinking iced tea or soda in the morning to give me a little caffeine boost.

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat on Tuesday, March 2nd, and it was so neat. It is always such a relief early on in pregnancy to hear that sweet sound, especially when you don't feel the baby moving yet or see any outward signs of having a baby in the belly!

Annie is understanding a little bit that there is a baby in Mama's belly. However, she is more excited about friends of ours from church, Stu and Laura, that are also going to have a baby. When I asked her if she wanted a brother or a sister she looked at me like I am the dumbest person in the world and said, "I already have a sister!" Duh, Mama, it can't be a sister because I already have one. I hope she's not disappointed if it is a girl! I'm sure she'll love her just as much as she does Abbey. Abbey doesn't understand but does love to poke my belly button when we show where the baby is!

We are so thankful that God has chosen to bless us with another baby.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how excited these little girls are about us having a baby! It feels good =) Jeanette was simply ecstatic when I was trying to talk to Amanda on the phone. I could hardly hear Amanda over her squeals ;) And I am SO happy for the two of you as well! It would be fun to have a little boy to add to your growing family... What does Trent want? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne really is excited for you! She loved having you over and still sometimes calls the chair that Stu sat in "Stu's chair". We'll have to do it again sometime! It would be fun to have a boy, but it really doesn't matter. It has taken me 2 girls to come to the place where I realized that God truly has a plan for each child, and their gender is a big part of that. So while it would be nice to have a little boy, I'll be perfectly content if we end up with 6 or 7 little girls! :) Oh, and Trent loves girl babies. Both our girls share his love for the outdoors, so it is really neat to see the three of them romping around together! We are so excited for your little family!!! It's great that our children will be so close in age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for the comment on my blog!! You should feel SOOO good about your daughters reaction!

    ReplyDelete