Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pure Joy

As I was praying today, the Spirit spoke to me through Scripture, as He usually does. The following verses popped into my head:

James 1:2-5 (NIV) "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

I don't know about you all, but when I go through trials I do not feel pure joy. Often when I look back upon trials I can often see the Spiritual growth that occurred.

As we go through this time of uncertainty, I am going to make a conscious effort to show pure joy, knowing that as I persevere I will mature. My prayer will continually be for wisdom.

If I'm honest with myself, I can really sing He's been "So Good to Me" .

*Just a side note: Scripture memory is so POWERFUL!*  So thankful for the Word of God!


No comments:

Post a Comment