Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Perspective


***Our 2 cutie girls at the family cabin***



It's amazing how my husband has this fantastic ability to help me put things into perspective. We had absolutely no time during/after the appointment today to discuss our thoughts and feelings. I only knew what I was feeling, and as a pregnant, emotional woman, those feelings may not always be "accurate".
Trent's thoughts are that we go to the first 2 or 3 of these weekly NST/ultrasound appointments, and if the baby continues to grow on it's own schedule, we assume there is a wrong due date. If we cannot get May-Grant or Maternal-Fetal medicine to agree to change our due date, we tell them we are sorry but we disagree and do not wish to continue all the tests or to be induced at what could be 5 weeks early.
Of course, as the mother carrying this child that is hard for me to swallow because of the big WHAT IF??? However, we do both agree that more than likely, since the baby is completely healthy and normal from what they can see, the doctors are trying to cover themselves from a legal standpoint. Plus, they have absolutely nothing to lose by scheduling extra appointments, since ultrasounds are not cheap, and their time is very valuable.
From what I was hearing from the doctor was that we have no option but to induce at 37 weeks or before. Trent says that of course we have that option, as it is our child. I have a problem with feeling very guilty not doing all of these things, because I don't want the doctors/midwives/etc. to think that I don't care for or love my child, when I certainly do!! We will keep all of you posted in the coming week(s). Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment