Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Not much news...


**Our steadily-growing family at the PA Grand Canyon**
(29 weeks pregnant in this photo)


Today I had a follow-up ultrasound at 31 weeks. There isn't much to report other than the baby is still looking strong and healthy. The baby is now in breech position but it's not really a big deal until 35-36 weeks. The only "major" thing to report is that the doctor said that they are treating the baby as "growth restricted" and not as a miscalculated/wrong due date. He didn't or couldn't give me a reason as to why they think the baby is growth restricted which is a little frustrating. I just wish there were something in my control to make the baby get bigger. I asked if they see the baby following it's own growth pattern (the 3rd-4th%) over the next couple of weeks if we can reduce the appointments to every other week instead of weekly. The doctor said that unless the baby jumps up and stays in the 10th percentile or higher, then that is not an option.

So for now we just continue our semi-normal routine. I've been extremely grateful to my mother for watching the girls every Tuesday while I go to appointments, and to Trent's mother for coming to our home last Friday to take care of the girls while I was at an appointment. We are planning on taking the girls for a day-trip to the beach on Friday. It'll be their first time at the beach, and Anne has been talking about it all summer. She is beyond excited so hopefully we'll have a nice day, good traveling, and a cute picture to share with you all! Thanks again for your continued thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment