Thursday, March 3, 2011

Maggie is 6-months





I am often amazed when each of my children reach a new age-milestone. It is always the same story, I can't believe she's 6 months, or a year, or two, or three.... This time it is Magdalena's turn. I can't believe she is 6 months old!



Today she had her 6-month well child check-up. She weighs 12 pounds, 4 ounces, which is less than the 5th percentile and she is 24.5 inches long, which is about the 5th percentile. She has dropped in percentile in her weight, but that could be because she has not been feeling well the past couple of weeks. She still has a runny nose and a cough so she did not get any shots. We will have to go back next week for those. It's hard to believe she weighs so little when you look at those adorable chubby cheeks and arms!



Our doctor is so very good with the children. He has four children of his own so I trust his opinion from a medical and personal level. The girls absolutely love him. When Anne was about two she told me, "Dr. Frey is gentle and kind." He makes the kids laugh and feel very comfortable with him. I'm so thankful for that. They love to tell daddy what funny things he says. When he has to look in their ears he asks if the Cookie Monster left any crumbs in there. This makes them giggle and allow him to look in their ears. I am thankful for the good medical care and advice we have easy access to receive.



New Year's Updates: I completed one Beth Moore study and have not missed a single day of my chronological Bible readings. I admit some days are difficult (reading about the tabernacle has never peaked my interest), but I am doing it!

Anne has helped me to memorize Psalm 121. The last 2 verses are still a bit shaky. I think Anne knows them better than I do! We plan to memorize the "fruits of the Spirit" passage next.

Abbey starts Sunday School next week. She never cries when I leave her at SMILE, and she is really doing well.

Maggie can roll both ways, and it attempting to sit up. She sleeps all night (Praise the Lord!), and takes 2 naps during the day. Her morning nap is about an hour, and her afternoon nap is about 2 hours. She goes to bed at the same time as big sisters do, usually between 7 and 8. She wakes up about 7:30 or 8 a.m. Big sisters are usually up between 5:45 and 6:30.

We are having our entire house re-wired to get rid of the old knob-and-tube wiring. Two electricians were here 2 days last week, they will be here tomorrow, and probably a day or two next week.

We had Trent's car inspected yesterday because we thought something was majorly wrong with it. I really didn't want to spend money on a vehicle (my least favorite thing to spend money on!). Praise God that it was only low power steering fluid and cost less than $100 for everything!! God is so good. I don't know why I waste energy worrying about things that He takes care of.

My mom has offered to help us re-paint the big girls' bedroom. I chose a lovely old-fashioned pink color. When I showed Trent he just sighed submissively. He has resigned himself to the fact that he lives with 3 daughters and a wife who love pink and all things old-fashioned. I have such a wonderful, patient husband.

1 comment:

  1. Hey =) Tell me more about this shade of pink!! Edy & I just LOVE pink! =) When is the room being painted? You're welcome to come & hang out with us on that day!

    ReplyDelete