Friday, April 8, 2011

Life Through Annie's Eyes




Two precious girls all ready for Sunday School.



In honor of Mother's Day next month, all of the young mothers at church are being asked to finish this sentence:

The most challenging part of being a mother is. . .

To me that seems like book material, not sentence material. But here is my best go at it. The most challenging part of being a mother is finding the balance between love and discipline.


**These two will never need disciplined, right??**

I find that I am often very strict with my daughters. I have high expectations for them. Sometimes I need to remember that they are only 3 and 2 years old. (Maggie doesn't really need disciplined yet!)

As I considered this thought more and more, I realized that is why grandparents enjoy their grandchildren so much. They can allow themselves to be swallowed up by the joy that young children bring and aren't burdened with the responsibility of training them up and disciplining them.

Have you heard this quote before? "If I knew grandchildren were so much fun, I'd have had them first!"

It's amusing and cute and witty at first glance. But why should parents miss out on all that fun?

I am trying very diligently to find that balance. To truly enjoy the special, simple, fun moments with my daughters. I don't want to wait until I'm a grandparent to experience that life and fun that young children bring so naturally.

**Enjoying a warmer day with a picnic on the deck**


So just for fun, I'm going to share some photos that our Annie has taken. She loves to use the camera, and actually takes some great pictures. Sure, some are blurry, and some have heads cut off, but she is a joy to watch. She will run in place and jump and do all sorts of crazy things to get her subjects to smile! I love watching how she processes life. It was fun for me to look through the pictures she has taken over the past couple of months to see what she sees.

So with out further ado, here is "Life Through Annie's Eyes".





*I love this one!*


*artsy elmo*

*dork*


*gross! she shot this at just the 'right' time.*

*pretty good, right?*


*best dad in the world*


I guess she wanted to see what it looked like up there?





*Maggie looks shocked!*


I told you, she's good!

Can you tell who Annie's favorite "subject" is? Clearly Abbey is not nearly as cooperative as Baby. Hope you enjoyed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment