Thursday, September 1, 2011

Night Time Weaning - Nights 3&4

Night 3 : Mags woke up one time, about 4 a.m. I went in, picked her up, sang "Jesus Loves Me" and laid her back down. No crying, straight to bed. Praise God!

Night 4: Magdalena slept ALL night. She woke up at about 7:30 am. This has gone exponentially better than I would have thought. Hopefully she will continue in this trend!

Today while I had the girls with me at Lowe's we were waiting in line to have our paint color mixed, there were several people behind us in line. Magdalena was unabashedly saying "HI!" to them and waving. There was an older gentleman who commented on how cute the girls were.

There was also a younger man who was looking at the girls.
He said the typical, "You have your hands full." to which I smiled and
said, "Yes, but we love it."
Then he said, "How old are they, 3, 2, and 1?"
and I said, "Yes, that's correct."
And, for the first time I received this question, "Are they all yours??"
I laughed and said, "Most definitely!"

It made me laugh because we want what we consider a "big family". To us that means probably six children, potentially more. We do not know what the Lord has planned for us. Yet, to most Americans, we already have a big family. I'm sure I'll get that question more often as the years go on. I hope I will always be able to answer it with a chuckle and a smile in order to show how truly blessed we are.

Praise God for each of our children. Whether we have one child or fifteen children, each child is a special gift of the Lord, and God has a plan for each one of them!

1 comment: