Tuesday, November 8, 2011

An Unfamiliar Time

I know this will sound strange to many of you, but I have recently entered a foreign land. Baby is completely weaned at 14 1/2 months, and I'm not pregnant. This is the first time that I have been at this point in time since January, 2007.... almost 5 years.

So it is very strange for me. I'm going through this time where, to be honest, I feel a little lost. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing with myself and where I should be expending my energy. Obviously I have three young children, and they require energy, but I have so much more! I really feel like there is something missing in my life right now.

I'm excited for the future, but the future is just that. I am challenged to be useful and of value where I am. I am beginning to feel like I'm not doing anything of value currently, and so need to be doing something. I just don't know what it is. At the risk of sounding even more strange, I've been asking God to reveal to me in a dream what he wants me to do. I'd love to hear how God reveals himself to you all?

2 comments:

  1. I have definitely had some dreams where I felt God was speaking to me. It sometimes seemed that the more I paid attention to my dreams (and wrote down the ones that stuck with me), the more I had. I wouldn't call it crazy to ask for that at all!

    Most recently I'd say he's spoken through random strangers and times of quiet reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Amy! It's so encouraging to hear how the Lord is present and speaking to His people.

    ReplyDelete