Thursday, November 3, 2011

Four

Yesterday marked four years since Anne Margaret Hess was born. Four years. . .


*2 Days old*


*1 Year old*


*2 Years old*


*3 Years old*



*4 Years old*


Four years goes quick.

As the eldest child Anne bears the brunt of my parenting mistakes. She has the unasked for role of "Guinea Pig". And she handles it so well. She is so forgiving and easily asks forgiveness. She has taught me much.

Anne and I have the joy of having very similar personalities. This can be great because we enjoy doing much of the same things (reading!). But it has caused some difficulty as well. We can both be stubborn, want things done our way, and are always right. I am constantly being challenged by this little one. I get frustrated with her sometimes. And yet, I love her so deeply. I value our mother-daughter relationship more than I value being right all the time. I'm still a work in progress, but I'm learning.

Anne has challenged me to be more vocal about my faith in Christ. She is always eager to share her love of Jesus with everyone we meet. She is forcing me to find creative ways to live out my faith and share the love of God with neighbors, friends and family.

The Anne girl has a beautiful motherly spirit in her. She dotes on her younger sisters, cares for them and protects them. I am thoroughly enjoying watching Anne grow up and slowly mature into a beautiful girl. I look forward to watching her grow up into a young woman. I am excited to watch the plan that God has for her life slowly unfold.

We have laughed together, cried together, prayed together and sang together. I am so grateful to the Lord for bringing Anne into our family in His perfect timing.

God is good.

1 comment: