Monday, February 11, 2013

Joy Returning

Since our foster daughter left joy has returned to our home. We still pray for her daily, but we no longer have the high stress of caring for her in our home. I have so much more patience for everyone else since she no longer consumes all of my energy.

So where have I been this past month? Well, I've been catching up on my sleep, lazing about and doing minimal work. We have started our search for a home. However, that has been a little more stressful than I thought it would be and was consuming a lot of our time. This past weekend we decided to back off a little from the search and not try to force anything. I was reminding myself of how we came to be in this home in Conestoga and how it was not something we were looking for, but the opportunity presented itself and we went for it. Unfortunately, I don't think that every situation will be as clear cut as that one was!  In the meantime I am reminded to seek God's face in our everyday lives and see where He is working.

Today I read Hebrews 12: 2-3 which says, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

I was reminded that while a house is important, it is not the most important thing. In fact, there are much more important things to think about than where we will live. One thing that I would love if you all would pray for is our foster son. In about a week and a half a judge will decide whether he will stay with us or go to the other foster home with his sister. I'll be sure to update you all! In the meantime, we are living JOY-fully!

No comments:

Post a Comment