Saturday, January 6, 2018

2018, The Year Of.....

GENEROSITY.

We always choose one word to focus on throughout the year. This year, we have chosen generosity. As I've noticed in the past, I do really well focusing on that word for the first few months of the year, but once we get to May or June I usually forget about it.

I am hopeful that I can be really intentional about our word in a new way this year. While Trent and I believe we are already generous people, when we give money to causes or people that move us, it often does not involve our children. We have sponsored a child (now young man!) through Compassion International for ten years. We highly recommend the organization. Our girls have often colored pictures for him over the years, but they aren't directly involved in the giving to his support.

What I would like to do this year is to choose a different, local, non-profit organization each month to focus on. We will talk about that organization and their needs throughout the month and work to collect items for that organization. At the end of each month we will go to the non-profit to deliver what we have gathered for them. If you have suggestions of local non-profits in Lancaster, please let me know! We would love to talk about which twelve we will focus on this year.

Another goal for Trent and me is to read through the Bible in a year. We've done it before and are hoping to accomplish that once again. I would like to blog on a consistent basis. Last year I blogged a total of 45 times, which was the most I had blogged since 2011. My goal for 2018 will be once a week, for a total of 52 posts. Now that I type it out that seems too hard. Hah! I'm already talking myself out of that goal.

I would like to be more consistent with a lot of things. I have good intentions but often get distracted. This stretches into many areas of my life: keeping my house clean, writing physical letters, getting together with friends, studying God's word, being organized, etc.

For 2018 we hope to, as a family, focus on generosity, and to keep on track, it will force me to work on being consistent.

We can't wait to see what adventures 2018 will hold for us. We hope to have our hearts open to what God will do in each of our lives. Looking forward to sharing it with you all!

1 comment:

  1. A great family word will be with them for a life time xoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete