Thursday, January 25, 2018

Tea Bar

Since I’m not busy enough (Haha) I like to come up with home projects. The girls and I have been having tea time once or twice a week since school started. We drink tea and I read poetry. It’s been lovely. For Christmas I bought each girl an adorable old-fashioned tea cup so I got into my mind that we needed a tea bar. 

Since I’m no longer painting signs I decided to take that crafting area and change it up. 



This is the space before. 



I started by painting this wall a gray-blue. This was leftover paint so this part of the project didn’t cost me anything. 



Then I took all these leftover boards from when I was painting signs and stained them in this gray-wash. This part of the project didn’t cost anything as I had the wood, stain, and nails. I had big plans that I would nail this together by myself but realized I’m not strong enough. 



I had to wait a couple extra weeks to get Trent to do it for me. I know he would have rather done other things on his Saturday but this is how well my man loves me. 



All done! The only cost to the project were the extra large C hooks that I purchased from Amazon. Trent finished the shelf and hung it up for me while I was away with a group of women for the weekend. Isn’t he awesome?



Oh, and the glass apothecary jars I bought on Amazon as well. One has hot cocoa mix that we made, the middle one I plan to make some more homemade marshmallows to put in, and the third has Andes mints right now. 



I’m really pleased with how this project transformed this space. Eventually I would like to replace the primitive style server with something in a country white. I’ll likely add some art above the shelf at some point and possibly add coffee bar items to the tea. 


Hope you enjoyed my most recent project!

2 comments:

  1. I love the tea cups and tea area. I think being busy with motherhood and housework lends itself to creating projects. Sometimes we need something extra, something that gets finished, unlike most household tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome family project and something real with you and your daughters any time!! Love you Emily and love how your brain is always working for good xxxxoxoxo Nana

    ReplyDelete