Thursday, June 20, 2013

Homeschool Curriculum

I've had a few people ask what I'm using for homeschool curriculum. After much research I have decided to use Sonlight.  I am very excited about it! This is a literature-rich curriculum. Our kids love reading, so this is right up our alley.

Even though Anne is advanced in her reading I have decided to use the Kindergarten curriculum as she is still around that level for math and science. I will custom-tailor the reading/literature portion of the curriculum to meet her advanced needs.

Abbey has decided that she will be in Anne's "Kindergarten class". Maggie is finally becoming more interested in the alphabet and other academic-minded skills. I'm planning for Anne to get piano lessons from a friend in the area. Depending on how much time we have I may also order beginners Spanish in the Spring for Anne. Abbey is excited to start reading more words. She has decided that she will read when she is four, and I have no doubt that she will. In the fall we hope to have Trent's cousin, who is in school for early childhood education, come on Friday mornings and teach math to the girls. It will be good practice for her and a nice little break for me. I imagine it will suit everyone just fine.

Once we get started I'd be happy to share my daily schedule with you all! So much joy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting stuff! The curriculum you've found sounds interesting. Definitely get them learning other languages while they can quickly pick them up. I'm working on Greek right now and it's slow going... :)

    ReplyDelete