Friday, August 2, 2013

Committed

I'm officially committed to homeschooling.

Homeschool room - Anne's desk is on the far right, and this is Anne's little reading spot.
My curriculum has come in the mail. When I first opened it and peeked at the teacher guide I was pretty sure I had just made a huge mistake. I was feeling completely overwhelmed by the 5-inch thick binder with my lesson plans for the year.

But after a few days of looking through it and looking over the material, and the fact that Anne has already read half of our books for the year in the first week we had the curriculum helped me to settle down. I am committed to it. I still am not sure how I am ever going to get Anne to enjoy math, but I have high hopes.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting into a good routine with the kids. I know it is going to be a challenge managing all my doctor appointments and keeping up with school, but I'm not too worried about it. It's easy to grab a book and read it to the kids in the waiting room and that is our "read-aloud" time for the day.

So, I'm all in - committed to teaching the kids. And, I am still excited about it. Below you can see a close-up photo of the sign I made to hang in our homeschool room. My theme and reminder for the year of why we are homeschooling "Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord. To him be the glory! Amen." 2 Peter 3:18


This is the sign I made to hang in our homeschool room.

No comments:

Post a Comment