Thursday, August 8, 2013

Special Moment to Remember

Today I am a full seventeen weeks pregnant with our fourth baby. I have been feeling the baby move for a long time. I am told this is partially because I know what I am feeling for, and partially because I do not have a lot of extra weight.

This morning the kiddos were all up early. Trent woke me at 6:30 and the kids were all downstairs reading and playing already. As I laid in the bed still dozing for the next 15 or so minutes I held my hands on my stomach. Usually December Baby moves most in the evening, but this morning, just under my right hand I felt a bump. Not a bump on the inside like I often do, but my hand felt a kick, or hiccup, or elbow. Then again, and again and once more. Four beautiful kicks.

There are many unknowns with this pregnancy and how it will all unfold. However, I refuse to let my fear of the worst or my fear of the unknown to rob me of the joy of this pregnancy. Do I always feel great? NO! My prenatal has caused me to throw up more times that I care to remember. I have been sick to my stomach for a week. Do I love having multiple doctor appointments a month? NO!

But this morning, for those few moments, I received those kicks as a beautiful, joyful gift from God.

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine had a similar experience with her fourth baby. She had a planned c-section b/c of a traditional c-section the previous pregnancy. All went well for her and I'm trusting all will go well for you as we'll. I hope you can keep the fear at bay and hear God's voice instead.

    ReplyDelete